10 May edjuster delivers health and safety program for claims professionals
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE and OTTAWA, ONTARIO—May 11, 2015 — edjuster is pleased to announce that it has formalized a Health and Safety program for its many field claims specialists, to ensure a high standard is met and the welfare of its field claims workforce is top of mind.
At edjuster, our Content Claims Specialists are frequently deployed at some of the most hazardous and dangerous loss/damage sites where they are tasked with the inventory and valuation of non-restorable contents on both personal and commercial claims. Frequently, our claims specialists work in environments that have been heavily damaged as a result of fire, water, catastrophe or other peril, and in some cases, claims involving asbestos.
The health and safety of our employees, especially our field claims specialists, is something we take very seriously at edjuster and is an aspect of the business paramount to our success in delivering consistent, reliable and trustworthy claims for our insurers and claimants alike.
In order to protect our people, we have developed the following mandatory guidelines for our Content Claims Specialists and have set a high standard for ensuring the health and safety of all team members at all times:
- Ensuring proper company identification and badge display which are easily identified by claimants and other parties involved;
- A Health and Safety Committee, consisting of claims employees and management;
- Ensuring familiarity with the loss/damage site environment prior to entering and starting the work process;
- Wearing disposable DuPont™ Tyvek® coveralls, masks, gloves and safety boots to protect against all types of hazardous situations;
- Site kit which includes: flashlights, extra batteries, safety vests, hard hats and a first aid kit;
- Participation in Annual Mask Fit Testing;
- Mandatory completion of Health and Safety training.
“As a services company our most valuable asset is our people. The formalization of a comprehensive Health and Safety program is one of the highest priorities for our organization and our people, given the hazardous nature of our business and conditions we operate in on a daily basis. We are very pleased to formally launch the edjuster Health and Safety program”, said Andy Williams, President and CEO edjuster Inc.