In the role of an IT and Product Support Lead, you will be responsible for leading the support of our IT equipment and infrastructure to our internal users, as well as supporting and driving strategies for data protection, security controls and disaster recovery. In addition, you will also be responsible for leading the technical and operational support for our SaaS insurance software (exclaim) to both internal and external customers.
As part of that role, work activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervise Help Desk, Support and IT staff in regular activities and act as a liaison between the team and management and other departments.
- Participate in and drive the development and improvement of IT strategies and policies, such as:
- Disaster recovery and backup/restore
- Asset tracking and compliance
- Security and privacy
- Plan and oversee IT projects, and ongoing IT activities.
- Assist in establishing performance standards and metrics for the team.
- Perform QA and oversee quality of help desk and product support operations.
- As applicable, develop tool/product selection criteria, and assist in evaluating products against the criteria, and put forth team recommendations for product/tool selection.
- Maintain and improve backup/restore and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Develop and improve processes for computer and electronic equipment purchasing and maintenance.
- Develop and improve processes for support of server software, virtual machine hosts and clients, network systems, firewalls, wifi access points, and day-to-day monitoring thereof.
- As needed, prepare, document, review and publish operational procedures and self-help material for IT systems and exclaim usage.
- As needed, fill in and assist with help desk activities, such as:
- Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, etc.)
- Windows Accounts and Domain
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, etc.)
- Account creation, resets, etc.
- VoIP phone system, VoIP phones, and softphones
- Printer setup, and print management
- Virus/malware disinfection, monitoring
- Computer/workstation preparation, and deployment
- Cell phones
- “How to” training to resolve employee questions
- As needed, fill in and assist with phone and email support for our internal and external customers of our SaaS insurance software (exclaim) for the following:
- Operational and technical issue resolution
- “How to” training to resolve customer questions
- System administration (account creation, account resets, etc.)
- On an ongoing basis, update technical knowledge and skills through the use of in-house and/or external training courses, reading materials and self-driven research and investigation.
- University degree or College diploma or equivalent training in an Information Technology field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and support skills, and ability to work well with people at various levels.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be good at explaining and walking through technical procedures with non-technical staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical support or IT help desk role.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience maintaining and supporting desktop computer systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience maintaining and supporting server systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading or mentoring a technical support or IT help desk team.
- Experienced in managing desktop and server operating systems (specifically Windows Server and desktop products).
- Experienced with network setup, IP routing, firewall configuration, and Wifi AP setup and administration.
- Experienced with Amazon Web Services (AWS) setup, management and deployment.
- Experienced with Unix/Linux server administration and maintenance.
- Experienced with Unix/Linux command line tooling and scripting (bash, sed, awk, etc.).
- Experienced with virtual server administration, preferably vSphere/vmWare.
- Experienced with G Suite usage (namely GMail, Drive, Calendar, Contacts, Hangouts/Meet/Chat, Sites).
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule as required by the needs of the business.
- Experience with G Suite Administration.
- Experience with Remote Management and deployment tooling.
- Experience with PowerShell for system administration, monitoring and auditing.
- Experience supporting and deploying VoIP phone systems.
- Ability to communicate in French.
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, develop and manage employees.
- Demonstrated ability to get to the root cause of problems, search out solutions to issues, and solve problems independently.
- Demonstrated willingness and desire to learn new techniques and approaches, take on new challenges, and drive forward solutions, products and processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English.
If interested, please submit a current résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
edjuster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law.