edjuster is a property claims market leader operating in the content claims services area. Since its inception in June of 2000, edjuster has established a dispute-free track record unmatched by any other. Through the use of service and software, edjuster offers insurers solutions customized to meet their specific claims handling needs, and with it the ability to offer their policyholders the assurance of Performance Excellence Guaranteed claims settlements.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. You are a team player and collaborate well with other teams and departments. You must be comfortable managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders, and ensure project statuses are regularly and clearly communicated.
In the role of Data Analyst, you will be edjuster’s data specialist and be responsible for analyzing large datasets and presenting actionable information, utilizing both SQL and BI tools, to help internal groups and external customers make informed business decisions. The Data Analyst works with key decision-makers on a daily basis as a data-driven advisor and partner on tactical and strategic initiatives. The Data Analyst will develop analysis and reporting capabilities for edjuster and their customers.
As part of this role, work activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Write complex SQL Queries and extract, aggregate and prepare data for additional analytics
- Work with ETL / Data Quality / BI / Metadata tools
- Process confidential data and information according to guidelines and privacy legislations
- Train and assist colleagues in accessing and interpreting informatics data and analysis results
- Work with the management team to prioritize information gathering and business analytics needs
- Assist in the definition of product requirements for edjuster’s SaaS product in support of edjuster and edjuster’s customers’ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- 2+ years’ data mining experience
- 4+ years in a data analyst role
- Hands on experience with SQL and data mining
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience presenting ideas and nurturing data driven decision-making
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Completion of certifications in BI, Data Analysis or Data Management or vendor-related tools would be an asset
- Experience with “Big Data” and natural language processing (NLP)
- Excellent critical thinking, investigative/analytical skills and strong follow-through capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate a variety of activities in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders. Effectively express ideas and convey information in business writing, conversations and interactions with others.
- Ability to effectively set and prioritize goals.
- Integrity – professional whose honesty, integrity, confidentiality and high ethical standards contributes to effective leadership and optimal business relationships.
- Adaptable and flexible, willing to take on new responsibilities as assigned. Effectively manages multiple assignments, adapts to changing priorities and is able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Accuracy – pays close attention to detail and ensures work and information are complete and thorough.
- Willingness to Learn – enthusiastic and eager to meet challenges and assimilate new concepts.
- Teamwork & Relationship Development – works collaboratively with team members in order to achieve a common goal and develops, maintains and strengthens relationships with others, both inside and outside the organization.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
edjuster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.